You can access the template library in the builder by clicking the "folder" icon on the left side of the panel. On an empty page a click on the "folder" icon in the preview area does the same.
Template Library Interface
There are two template sources:
- My Templates: Lists all templates created and saved by you in this Bricks installation.
- Community Templates: Lists all premade templates built by the Bricks community. Or if you have specified a Remote Templates URL in the Bricks admin settings (Bricks > Settings), a list of all templates of that Bricks site.
If you want to provide a template for the community, please get in touch via email: support [at] bricksbuilder.io. We will link to your profile URL, which gives you exposure. So other Bricks users can get in touch with and hire you to design their Bricks site.
Hover over any template to reveal the following template actions:
- Delete (only available for templates under the "My Templates" tab)
- Edit (only available for templates under the "My Templates" tab)
- Export (only available for templates under the "My Templates" tab)
Import Images & Replace Content
In the top right corner you have two checkboxes you can toggle:
- IMPORT IMAGES: When checked all template images are downloaded into your media library. Leave it unchecked to insert a template without images. A placeholder image will show instead.
- REPLACE CONTENT: When checked all existing content will be removed and the template will be inserted. If unchecked the template will be inserted after the last section.
Underneath the popup header you have the following template filters:
- Template bundle: Select a template bundle to only templates that belong to this bundle. A template bundle is simply a collection of templates for the same website (e.g. home page, contact, about us page etc.)
- Template tag: Select a template tag to show only templates with that tag.
- Template type: Select a template type to show only templates of that type.
- Search templates: Enter any keyword to search for a specific template with that keyword.
Template bundles and tags can be set in the WordPress admin area Bricks > Tempates when editing a template.
Next to the template filters you have the following three option icons:
Click on the "+" icon to create a new template right from within the builder. Entering a template title and selecting a template type is mandatory. Template bundle is optional. Click CREATE TEMPLATE to create a new template.
You can also create a new template from the WordPress dashboard by going to Bricks > Templates and clicking Add New. Next give your template a title, select a template type from the meta box on the right side of the editing screen and click Publish. Setting template tags and bundles is not required.
Save As Template
Click on the "save" icon to save your existing content as a template. Entering a template title and selecting a template type is mandatory. Template bundle is optional. Click SAVE NEW TEMPLATE to save a new template.
To save a specific sections as a template hover over the section and then the "pen" icon. Click on the "save" icon (Save Section As Template). Give your section template a name and select template type "Section". Then click SAVE NEW TEMPLATE.
Click on the "download" icon to import exisiting template(s). You can either import a single template in JSON format or multiple templates in ZIP format. Click the "Select file(s) to import" and select a template JSON or ZIP file from your computer or drag and drop those files into the marked area.
You can also import templates from the WordPress dashboard by going to Bricks > Templates and clicking Import Templates. Select a Bricks template JSON file or ZIP file from your computer and click Import template(s). Or drag and drop those files into the marked area.
You can export a single template as a JSON file or multiple templates as a ZIP file from the WordPress dashboard under Bricks > Templates.
To export a single template as a JSON file hover over the template title and click Export Template. See screenshot below. This will generate and download a JSON file with your template data on to your computer.
To export multiple templates at once as a ZIP file select all the template you want to export. Click on Bulk Actions and select Export (see screenshot below). Now click Apply to download a ZIP file of your selected templates on to your computer. This ZIP files contains all templates as individual JSON files. You can either unzip this file to import individual templates of it later on or import the entire ZIP file to bulk import all of its templates.